Share the #dawgLOVE for Valentine’s Day!
Every dog should be a cherished family member, but sadly DAWG are coming to the aid of more neglected, abused and unloved dogs than ever. This Valentine’s Day, we’re asking dog lovers to donate €4 by texting CDAWG to 50300 and posting a photo of their favourite pooch to share their love with the hashtag #dawgLOVE on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!
Some of Cork’s best know faces have put their best paw forward to share snapshots with a canine pal to promote the #dawgLOVE campaign. Pictured are:
- Ciarán Lynch, TD for Cork South Central, with Tiny, a giant mixed breed stretchered out of a freezing ditch in December 2014 after being hit by a car and now the official DAWG Ambassador.
- Cork 96 FM’s Deirdre O’Shaughnessy with her dog Vimes, who was famously rescued by the Irish Coast Guard in 2014 after falling 300 feet from a cliff into the sea. Vimes was adopted from a rescue centre in 2011.
- Former Munster hooker Frankie Sheahan with his biggest fan, Molly.
- RTÉ’s The Today Show entertainment reporter and former Glenroe actress Mary Mc Evoy with her rescue dog Jake.
- Cork 96 FM’s PJ Coogan with Bella. Bella was found by DAWG in a record-setting 17 minutes when she went missing in January 2015.
- Simon Coveney, TD for Cork South Central and Minister for Agriculture, with his rescue dog Teddy. Teddy was adopted as an engagement gift for his wife Ruth Furney.
How to Take Part and Share the Love!
DAWG covers the cost of spaying, neutering, feeding and veterinary care for every dog we take in, but right now we’re faced with a heartbreaking number of neglected and injured dogs. You can help us by taking part in the #dawgLOVE campaign and sharing your support:
- Donate €4 by texting CDAWG to 50300*
- Post a photo of a beloved pooch on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the text donation information
- Include the hashtag #dawgLOVE
Your donation will help us care for more than 130 dogs in our foster homes and shelter right now, including 28 high-needs puppies and a dozen dogs with serious, urgent medical issues. Luckily the love and TLC our fosterers lavish on each dog comes free!
Thank you for sharing the love this Valentine’s Day!
*100% of text cost goes to Cork Dog Action Welfare Group across most network providers. Some providers apply VAT which means a minimum of €3.26 will go to Cork Dog Action Welfare Group. Service Provider LIKECHARITY. Helpline (01) 4433890.